The KUPEE partnership
exists to implement the higher education recommendations of the
Kentucky environmental education master plan, Land,
Legacy and Learning: Making Education Pay for Kentucky’s
The KUPEE centers will promote coordination, collaboration and consistency
in environmental education across the state.
The functions of the KUPEE centers include:
1. providing environmental education to students at state universities
and colleges, with special emphasis on the professional development
2. coordinating regional services, including working with other institutions
of higher education;
3. developing environmental programs and curriculum;
4. conducting environmental education research & program evaluation;
5. presenting environmental perspectives and data for the citizenry.